Pride = “it’s-all-about-me syndrome” – Tina Woof
Think: remembering the main points
· Aaron – what Meekness isn’t (Weakness)
· Miriam – the opposite of Meekness (Pride)
· Moses – what Meekness is (Strength in Submission)
· Our Greater Moses (Jesus) – How we become Meek
Talk: questions that stimulate application
• What comes into your mind when you hear the word ‘Meek’?
AARON (Meekness is not weakness)
Bible Scholars show evidence to suggest that Mirjam was the ring leader and Aaron the follower in their rebellion against Moses (this is why Mirjam was judged and not Aaron). Like in Exodus 32 Aaron showed that he was a weak man who was easily led into sin.
• What evidence in the Bible is there to suggest that meekness is not weakness?
• What sorts of things might we need to say no to as Christians? (Titus 2:12)
• Consider Paul’s encouragement to Timothy…
View original post 256 more words