Going to do this study while I am not going to church. Made it to life group last week due to the amazing generosity of life group guys who gave me lifts to and from the church town, which is a 16 mile round drive. Should be easier when new road opens to motorway access.
Think: main points to get across
- Title | theme: The Character of God
- Read: 2 Samuel 24 & 1 Chronicles 21
- He Allows Temptation
2 Samuel 24:1; 1 Chronicles 21:1; James 1:13; 1 Corinthians 10:13
- He Considers Motives
2 Samuel 24:3 & 10; 1 Corinthians 4:5
- He Offers Choices
2 Samuel 24:11-14
- He Feels Pain
2 Samuel 24:15-17; Hebrews 2:18 & 4:15
- He Redeems Situations
2 Samuel 24:18-25
Talk: questions for discussion
- What concerns spring to mind as you read this incident in 2 Samuel 24 & 1 Chronicles 21?
- Here are some suggestions:
- Is it wrong to count the Congregation?
- Read Exodus 30:11-16 The Law of Moses made provision for Census
- How many references to the size of the congregation can you find in the early chapter of Acts?
- Who actually incited David? 2 Samuel 24:1 or 1 Chronicles 21:1
- Why does God allow us to be tempted?…
View original post 58 more words