Questions about envy, which I suffer from a lot lately.
Think: remembering the main points
- Lessons to learn from Saul & Jonathan’s very different attitudes and responses to God’s hand on David: Jonathan gave up his rights; Saul resisted and continued his downward spiral.
- Jonathan illustrating both Christ’s approach towards us, and what our attitude should be towards Christ.
- 3 stages of Saul’s self-destruction: Envy & jealousy; Slavery; Blasphemy.
Talk: questions that stimulate application
- What are some of the things that can provoke envy?
- How can envy be destructive – in relationships / in society / in how we relate to God?
- In what ways might the Holy Spirit reveal symptoms of ‘foundational slavery’ (when a wrong priority drives us) – and how should we respond?
- How does Jesus relate to us – and how does this contrast with envy?
Task: actions speak louder than words
- Spend time praising Jesus together for the way that He relates to us
View original post 50 more words