Firm Foundations: Our Encouragement
REFLECTION: remembering the main points
- Our Encouragement: 2 Thessalonians 1:3-12: how to persevere through adversity
- Theological Encouragement: God’s Just, Powerful & Faithful: 5-10
- Relational Encouragement: praise & prayer: 3-4; 11-12
DISCUSSION: choose one or more questions
- What are some of the current pressures in your own life as a follower of Christ?
- Do we share any cultural elements with the believers in 1st century Thessalonica?
- Have you ever felt like your encouragement has changed someone else’s life?
- How can you develop a deeper theological foundation for hope?
- Are there practical ways of deepening the encouragement side of your prayer life?
- Why do we squirm when we come across passages related to God’s judgement?
APPLICATION: things you/we can do
- Watch this clip and talk about the power of encouragement: https://vimeo.com/102063076. Dream, think and talk together about 4 practical things you can start doing as a LIFE Group to support each other, weekly, as you face the daily pressures of living as a Christ-follower.
- Using good resources from http://www.opendoorsuk.org – please spend some time praying for the persecuted Christians around the world.