Joseph: “A Fruitful Life” – Finishing Well – Genesis 47:28- 49:33
DISCUSSION: helpful questions [Choose one or more of the following]
- REFLECTIONS ON THE PASSAGE: Read Genesis 47:28 – 48:22 & discuss insights or questions that come to mind.
- FINISHING WELL DESPITE BEGINNING BADLY: List some of the mistakes Jacob made in his early life. When & how did Jacob change to begin to function differently? See Genesis 32:22-32
- COMPLEX FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS: Jacob had a very complex family yet at the end of his life he felt it was his responsibility to warn the next generation of things to come. How can we earn the right to speak & is there a right & wrong time to speak?
- END OF LIFE PLANS: What thought have you given to your last days on earth & how you would like others to remember you? How would you like your epitaph to read? Swedish Chemist Alfred Bernard Nobel who invented dynamite wanted to be remembered for something more positive so left the bulk of his fortune to fund Annual Nobel prizes.
APPLICATION: ideas that work
- Pray for any you know who suspect that their life on earth is short.
- Pray for those who live as if they think they are going to live forever.