Here are the study notes for this week’s Life Group. I will be absent again but will have a bash at some of these questions, though I have left it a little late this week…
TITLE & PASSAGE:
Joseph: “A Fruitful Life” – Family Man – Genesis 45
REFLECTION: remembering the main points
DISCUSSION: helpful questions
- What is the greatest challenge in your family life today?
- How do you react to the challenges in your family life?
- What surprises | encourages you in this passage?
- If you would have been Joseph – how would you have reacted?
- Are you an affectionate person? Why| why not?
- What was the root cause of Joseph’s surprising affection?
- How did Joseph’s theology affect his family? How can you theology affect your family?
- ‘Jesus is the better Joseph – we need to move from imitation to invitation’. Discuss.
APPLICATION: ideas that work
Think of 5 things you can do as a small group to foster an environment of greater support for family pressures. Then spend some time praying that the Holy Spirit will make your group a place of genuine practical loving care.